Apply for a Job
At a Casino!
Job Search Sites
Ready to Work New Jersey
Job Seekers--Are you…unemployed or underemployed for 6 or more months and ready to work? You may be eligible to participate in Ready to Work New Jersey. This program can provide you with free coaching and on-the-job skills training leading to a permanent, full-time job with a participating employer. You will be paid while in training. Please register at http://rtwnj.org.
The Atlantic City Free Public Library, in partnership with Atlantic Cape Community College, will look to present greater employability opportunities for local residents by offering a new training program: Communications for the 21st Century Workforce (CS21). The CS21 program will provide qualified disadvantaged, displaced and employed workers an additional opportunity to obtain workplace literacy services and career pathway training. The training is free for all participants.
• Computer Literacy Skills training – This 10-week program will provide the basic computer skills needed for those searching for employment, writing a resume, submitting applications online, utilizing email and performing tasks at the workplace.
• Guest Services certification – Participants can earn a professional certification that is recognized by the hotel and hospitality industry in this two-week class. The class will center on the communications skills those in the industry need to provide memorable guest services.
Contact Adrianna Martinez at (609)345-2269 extension 3044 or email@example.com for more information.
File for Unemployment
Are you facing UNEMPLOYMENT? Click here to file for unemployment with the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development. (Note: Anyone who has a previous unemployment user ID which was created prior to 1/9/18 will need to create a NEW user profile. Click here for more information.) To file continued claim by phone for Atlantic City, call 609-441-7581.
Make a Resume Using the Resume Template.
1. Open the "Resume Template," (a Microsoft Word document), by clicking the computer mouse on the blue link above.
2. Replace the existing text with your own personal information.
3. Save your completed resume to a flash drive or email it to yourself as an attachment.
A library staff member will be happy to help you with saving, printing, and emailing your resume.
Staff will also show you how to upload your resume to an online job application!
Job Skills Lab at the Library Learning Center Every Wednesday 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
WorkAC Helps Connect Residents with Jobs
WorkAC helps connect Atlantic County residents with jobs.
WorkAC office is located at the college’s Worthington Atlantic City Campus at 1535 Bacharach Blvd., Room W105, in the Caesars Entertainment Hospitality and Gaming Studies Wing. Office hours are Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon and 12:30 to 3:30 p.m., with extra hours until 6:30 p.m. Thursdays. Contact (609) 343-4800 ext. 4624 for more information.
Visit their website: http://www.atlantic.edu/workac/